- WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small file, consisting of a string of information of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device when a person accesses certain websites. Cookies are then sent back to originating website on each subsequent visit. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a person’s device.
- HOW CAN A USER DISABLE OR BLOCK COOKIES?
You can also restrict or block cookies, which are set during your use of the Website by changing your browser’s settings. Some features of the Website may not work if you completely disable cookies, but many types of cookies may be blocked without having an impact on the Website’s usability. We advise you to check the information in your browser’s help section for specific instructions on how to manage cookies.
For general information about cookies, see http://www.allaboutcookies.org/. Please note that this link is provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only and does not constitute an approval of any information or opinion by theInterna. We bear no responsibility of the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Please contact the external site for answers or questions regarding its content.
- WHY AND HOW ARE COOKIES USED BY THEINTERNA?
There are broadly four reasons why a cookie might be stored on your device when visiting the Website:
- cookies that make the Website work properly for you and enable you to browse the Website securely;
- cookies that collect data about your use of the Website which is used to help theInterna to improve online products and/or services;
- cookies that remember your preferences and make the Website easier for you to use; and
- cookies that are placed by third party services we make use of to enhance the information we presents online. theInterna has no control over these third party cookies.
These cookies are placed on your device either by us or by the third parties whose services we use as part of the Website.
Some cookies are retained in your browser for only as long as you visit the Website, while others persist for a longer specified or unspecified period.
- HOW LONG WILL COOKIES STAY ON MY DEVICE?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
- WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE USED BY THEINTERNA?
We use several types of cookies. Some are essential, while others you can disable or block. Disabling or blocking some cookies may affect the functionality of the online products and/or services, and of the Website.
The below explanations should help you to make informed choices about the information you provide to us and any third parties when you visit the Website:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
SmartLook, Google Analytics, MailerLite
Purpose Understand and interpret customer behaviour to optimise the customer experience
SmartLook, Google Analytics, MailerLite
These applications are used to track customer and user behaviour to help us collect information such as email addresses and any other such info which have been willingly given by the user. It allows us to optimise the experience for the user.
Examples of purposes for which a cookie may be used:
This cookie [is essential for our site to OR enables us to]:
(a) Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
(b) Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site and to provide you with offers that are targeted to your individual interests.
(c) Speed up your searches.
(d) Recognise you when you return to our site.